by : Caitlin Stevenson | Interior Designer, Tailored HQ
Everyone loves to come home to a beautiful bunch of flowers. They add an inviting, glamorous air to any space. But, if you’re anything like me, you probably hate having to toss them out a few days later. The fix? Go faux!
Some of you may be cringing, but trust us; Faux florals are more realistic and beautiful than ever before. Some come with latex petals or real-touch elements that make them feel like real blooms.
If you prefer to leave the arrangements to the professionals, we have you covered.
If you have a creative flair and a love of florals, we have tips and tricks to ensure you can create your own amazing arrangement.
TIPS, TRICKS AND A STEP-BY-STEP ON CREATING YOUR OWN FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
1. Start with a good base: Begin with a few small branches of leafy greens to build into.
2. Let it flow: Allow the shape of the branches to determine the shape of the bouquet. Rustic, free flowing arrangements are the trend at the moment and are so much more interesting to look at.
3. Ease up: Hold the flowers loosely in your hand, and continue to rotate the bunch as you add to it, particularly if it can be seen from all angles.
4. Keep it simple: Everyone wants to grab all the prettiest flowers and stick them in one bouquet, but the best bouquets feature only a few knockout flowers. Use filler and greenery to accentuate and blend them.
5. Fill in the holes: View your arrangement from the top and all around, and fill in any gaps.
FINISHING TIPS :